1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danica Patrick/Milka Duno - not BFF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jul 20, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Milka Duno is a completely shitty driver. Not just a bad driver, not a misunderstood driver. She is a danger to everyone on that track at all times. ALL times.

Danica's in the right with the issue, but she's got to handle it other ways than continually going down to others' pits.

2. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Remember when Ashley Judd called her out a couple years ago?
    Now that's a catfight I would have loved to see.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't ever compare Buckshot Jones to Hiro Matsushita... Hiro was a moving chicane...

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The only place Milka should be throwing the towel is "in"

And is it just me, or has Danica spent more time in other drivers' boxes than in Victory Lane? (she's right on this issue, and I'm not saying that just because she's hotter [even though she is] but still)

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't have a problem with her going to Milka's pit, in this instance Danica appeared to be behind the wall and the session was over, as best as I could tell. In the heat of the moment it's what you do, as opposed to waiting 'til nightfall and settling it over a bottle of Merlot in the motorcoach lot. These confrontations happen all the time but few end up on YouTube.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing and it surprises me, because I read Cavin online regularly and he knows his stuff.

You can certainly make the case that Danica needs to stop the confrontations in the pits, but she's not the one who comes out looking like a jerk in that video. And Duno has no business racing on this level.

7. I thought it was a douche bag move for Duno's crewmember to put his back to Danica's face. How unprofessional was that? If Danica were a guy, that guy wouldn't have had half the balls to disrespect her like that - his ass would have been on the ground.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

If Duno can get a ride purchased for her, for the love of God, someone get Tanya Harding into a car.

[EDIT] Putting Tanya into one of those cars would be like packing 30 pounds of shit into a Ziploc bag. Maybe Kevin Harvick's available...

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

So tell them both to go back in the kitchen!

Yet another reason why sports figures (I refuse to consider race car drivers athletes) should not be role models.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm not sure either of them could reach high enough to open the cabinets or turn on the stove

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Easy enough to say for the person who's never done it.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I was certainly amused.

The "What the hell?" after Duno threw the towel the first time kind of reminded me of Austin Powers.

"Who throws a shoe? Seriously."

Oh, and Milka's Charo face is creepy. I think I'd date Helio first, and I'm a (straight) man. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted