1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danica Patrick/Milka Duno - not BFF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jul 20, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

ABC just showed a very interesting exchange from yesterday after Patrick clearly had the right of way and Duno took exception and went like she was gonna ram her.
    Patrick went to Duno's pit, Duno threw a towel in her face at least twice.
    Also, Duno's pit crew looked like a bunch of thugs trying to keep Patrick away.

Anyone else see this?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It was pretty sweet. Finally Danica understands what everyone else feels like when they deal with her.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

But for once, Duno acted like Patrick while Patrick didn't.

4. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Video (via Deadspin)

http://deadspin.com/5027083/video-of-milka-duno-towel+snapping-danica-patrick-after-60-long-minutes-finally-surfaces

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

from waaaaay afar, seems to me danica doesn't much like having other women on her turf. then again, she doesn't seem to like many drivers, period.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why is Danica in Duno's pit box? Once again, just like Indy with Ryan Briscoe, she's trying to start trouble.

That said, Duno is fucking terrible and is the poster child of why ride buyers are dangerous.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Milka Duno drives slightly less well than a driver in a Saturday night school-bus derby.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Now that the Speraficos and Buckshot Jones are gone, Milka Duno is possibly the worst driver in American professional motorsports, barely edging out Marty Roth (both make Hiro Matsushita look like an accomplished driver).

I'm gathering that Danica's beef was that Milka was making herself impossible to pass during the IRL's knockout qualifying, and therefore Danica couldn't get around and do a hot lap, thereby putting her 20th on the grid today on a track where passing is next to impossible.

Danica kept mentioning getting IRL sheriff Brian Barnhart to deal with Duno ... forgetting that stomping down to someone else's pit to complain will probably get you a visit in Mr. Barnhart's office. Barnhart is like the high school teacher who keeps threatening to do something, but never actually does.

Still, how many drivers have had a problem with Danica now? Off the top of my head, I can think of Dixon, Wheldon, Briscoe, Duno, Rice ... there are a handful of others, I know.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Agree. When I first saw the headline I figured it was Danica being the wench -- she's just so whiny during every in-race audio clip -- but I can't find much wrong with her here.

And "it's not my fault that you're slow" is a great line.

10. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Not an expert on IndyCar, but it sounds like it's rare to see Danica come off as the voice of reason. Duno comes off like a total bitch who doesn't want to hear any of it and decides throwing a towel twice is a good idea...any other backstory here?

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Danica isn't afraid to stand up for herself or issue mealy-mouthed platitudes when her equipment's not up to snuff. This is considered "bitchiness" by those who haven't evolved yet. ::)

Milka Duno can't drive for shit but her sponsor has purchased an IRL ride for her.

12. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

read all about it.
    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080720/SPORTS0107/807200375

Draft saved Draft deleted