1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Danica Patrick-Dan Wheldon feud?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

This is good for IndyCar. They need to promote this more. The off-the-track drama is oftentimes more interesting and intriguing than the actual race.

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Who wins an event first: Michelle Wie or Danica Patrick?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Anna K.

4. Wie

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Wie for sure....she's competing against other women.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I watched that little segment on TV this morning, and I was a bit surprised to learn that Danica darling came off like a whiny bitch and Wheldon failed to take the high road and came off like a shrewd dickhead. They'd make a perfect couple.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The way Wie is playing right now, I definitely would not be surprised if its Danica. Plus Danica is driving a car...the fact that she's racing against mostly men has nothing to do with the fact that she hasn't won yet.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I like Danica, but pretty much every word Wheldon said is true. She hasn't won, she gets frustrated when things don't go her way (she was complaining earlier this year about not getting equal equipment within her team which is a dubious complaint if there ever was one) and Wheldon's "offense" in the Milwaukee race which pissed Danica off was about as mild an offense to get in a snit over as I've seen.

I'm sure there's the undercurrent of Danica grabbing all the attention and getting the brunt of the marketing, while the IRL drivers who win, many of whom (Castroneves, Kanaan, Franchitti, hell Wheldon) are quite charismatic in their own right. Not saying the IRL is wrong to market Danica, but if you're one of the other drivers it would be frustrating.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I agree with everything you said. For me, finding out that Danica fusses like this is akin to finding out that Tiger Woods is a potty mouth. I think she should put on airs as the sweet-as-molasses southern belle who happens to mash the gas on weekends.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

You need to meet some new guys, SC.

Draft saved Draft deleted