1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dangers of unprotected sex

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Blitz, Aug 16, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Saying someone is the loser in one situation is not saying they have the worst life imaginable, shockey.

You're adding much too much meaning to what sxy said. She meant in THIS SITUATION, between a rich father and a scholarship-having mother, the kid is getting the short end of the stick.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What's the worst thing that can happen when you have unprotected sex?

*raises hand*

Seriously, they call me the face that launched a thousand coat hangers.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

"Back in my day we didn't have all those fancy birth-control methods. Like pulling out."

Name that movie.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

beg to differ, ijag. sxy said money doesn't buy love. or 2 parents, etc. i'm not about to weep for 10-month-old cole. by the time he's old enough to understand all this, i'd trust his parents will have stabilized the custody situation. sxy has made it seem as if cole is a crack baby.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What she said is the truth. Money doesn't buy those things. Maybe he'll have a stable upbringing. Who knows?

Right now, his parents can't stand each other. And that makes him the unfortunate one.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sometimes two parents doesn't "buy" love or a good household, either.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Agreed. But shockey's point was that because the parents have money, the kid will have a charmed life. Which may or may not be true. Doesn't excuse his putting words in sxy's mouth.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

True. Very true.

And shockey, I didn't mean to liken this kid to a crack baby. Just saying, in an ideal world (which it is not, this I know), you'd like for a kid to be brought into this world with parents who aren't arguing over custody and parents who both wanted this kid. That's all.

9. That's much less funny.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's what I'm alluding to.
    And this is based totally on the dispatch in People Mag.
    Seems Leinart hasn't rushed around trying to see the baby that much.
    And seems as though there wasn't much of a timeline established during the "relationship".
    Seems it was a short one.
    He wishes now he'd "pulled out" - I'm certain of it.
    Yes, the baby will be well taken care of. And maybe both parents can and will establish a great relationship with the child.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

People with big money aren't problem-free; they just have a different set of problems.

I think a child is better off with two parents who love each other. Maybe a step-dad will show up for this kid. I'd hope for that.

I have to stop reading threads randomly. This one is about a problem that bothers me. It impacts my friends and my family. Children don't ask for this crap, but they have to deal with it. Phooey.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

On BET late night, I'm pretty sure the girls in the music videos have credit card readers in their ass. Why else would those dudes swipe their card down her crack?

Draft saved Draft deleted