1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dangerous Religious Nutballs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Except in NUMBERS.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

And that goes for the Muslim extremists as well. They're not following the Quran and Muhammad's teachings.

Just because they're saying its "in the name of Allah" dosnt mean that that's what the Quran says to do. Anybody can walk to any guy and shoot'em and say Jesus told him to do it too.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

In all honesty, statistics and studies show most acts of terror, and in particular, suicide bombings, have little to do with religion and everything to do with politics.

That's a fact.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

True.

Splits in religion have more to do with politics.

More churches have split over potluck dinners than theological issues.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Snide comments aside, because I see that you are unable of having a discussion without them, why are they not Christians? Were the 9/11 hijackers not Muslims?

Directly from the article:

Being Christian is the only way that they define themselves. As such, they are Christian.

Just like the 9/11 hijackers to Muslims, they don't speak for all Christians. They only speak for themselves as Christians.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I think some "Christians" have spoke out against what these alleged Christians did. Where is the moderate, supposedly peace-loving Islam leaders speaking against the Islamic terrorists and those who want to destroy anything not Islam? It's not exactly like that voice has been loud.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Where would you expect to hear that voice of moderation, Yawn? Are you watching Al-Jazeera every day? Reading Al-Ahram?

How would you know what any Muslim is saying anywhere?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They're not deterring it are they?

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Doesn't mean it's not being said, which was your original assertion.

If you're going to judge only by results, there's plenty of dissent in this country against the war, and yet it goes on. Go figure.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Because whiners, and not doers, stumble and fumble the day away.

Meanwhile the war goes on and Al-Queda keeps up its dysfunction.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the 9/11 idiots were but I do know that their actions were far more political than religious. I'm not afraid of muslims -- I'm afraid of Arab whackos who bomb things.

Draft saved Draft deleted