1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dangerous Religious Nutballs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

From the main page, I thought the title of this thread was Dangerous Religions. Moddy's head might have exploded in a spray of red, pink and gray, rivaled only by the brown spray of Jones' ass.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I bet these bitches are in the Middle East right now, acting as suicide jockeys. And, gasp, they've probably framed all these nice young Arab men and women who are accused of doing same.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In other words, cut from the same cloth as Al Qaeda.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

How many of them are suicide jockeys, puds?

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Actually these are nutbags. But FenPhen wouldn't note that the attack was aimed at a conservative evangelical church whose deacon stopped it.

One group of Christians? That sounds pretty church of Christ to me.

6. Yes, and they came closer to damaging something than did either the idiots in NJ or the folks in Florida, and we got existential-threat-to-civilization coverage for days out of those two.

7. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Zeke is absolutely right. Christians don't blow things up. There's no room for that in the gospel Jesus brought.
    Just because someone calls themselves a "christian" doesn't make them a follower of Jesus.
    The same is true for all sorts of people. You can call yourself any label you want, but it doesn't mean you truly are what you say you are. You can apply any label at all, but it doesn't mean you're not a sick, twisted, mean, evil person.
    You can call yourself a tolerant, open-minded liberal, but that doesn't mean you really are a tolerant, open-minded liberal. Some of the so-called liberals people on this board are the least tolerant, least open-minded people I've ever experienced. They do more to hurt their causes than promote them.
    In meantime, can we all stop generalizing and stereoyping when it comes to any group or individual, whether that's a certain race, gender, ethnicity or political group? I'm a Christian and I have absolutely nothing in common with those sad, sick people trying to burn down a church.
    I pity those so-called "Christians" and everyone filled with hate and rage - including some of the close-minded, intolerant and self-righteous so-called "liberals" this board. That goes for you, too, Yawn. You're probably the only person on this board more mean-spirited, arrogant and intolerant as Fenian and Ace.

8. How'd Ace get tossed in there?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fuck him, that's how.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Speaking of religious nutballs, the Pope has declared that all us Protestants are, well, not quite Christian.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070710.wchurches0710/BNStory/International/home

The document said the Council's opening to other faiths recognized there were "many elements of sanctification and truth" in other Christian denominations, but stressed that only Catholicism has all the elements to be Christ's Church fully.

The text refers to "ecclesial communities originating from the Reformation," a term used to refer to Protestants and Anglicans.

11. I, myself, was nostalgic for the Council of Trent.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

The Gospel of Fight Club, Chapter 12, Verses 6-14.

Draft saved Draft deleted