1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dane Cook, you're not funny

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clubber_Slang, Sep 7, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Is it me or was Tourgasm a bad imitation of Jackass?

2. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

I never seen that Tourgasm shit. I heard it sucked and never watched it.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

THREADJACK!!!!!
    Finally! I've found my people!
    I've been a huge Izzard fan for a couple of years, but haven't many others around here. That is one funny little Brit. My only problem is he only does concerts on the coasts. I guess he figures middle America isn't ready for a transvestite comic.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Naw, Tourgasam was way worse than Jackass. You can tell the guys on Jackass are buddies with each other...the Tourgasam dudes just got on each other's nerves. And they were all a bunch of sensitive little bitches...like 15-year-old girls with PMS. I'm not a huge fan of Dane Cook -- I've heard some of his stuff that was funny -- but compared to the other dudes on Tourgasam, he's 70s era Richard Pryor/George Carlin

5. Sly

Sly Active Member

I started off as a fan of Dane Cook. His approach was a bit different, he walked around the stage in a funny way and he seemed generally likable.

Now? Not so much. Tourgasm was awful. And I turned off the HBO special after about a half-hour. I understand that many comedians make up the stories they tell, but none of Cook's stories he told were believable. After awhile, it was just "get on with it, man."

And yes, those other three guys on Tourgasm were the unfunniest guys on the planet.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

dave matthews of comedy

frat boys love him, fans are loyal, product sucks balls

7. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

that makes me laugh. so true.

"dude, you just don't GET dave!"

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

F/X has greenlighted a series starring Izzard and Minnie Driver called "Low Life." They play Irish travelers (aka Irish gypsies/con artists/thieves) who decide to give up the criminal life and assume the identities of a typical American family in the suburbs ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0496343/

One catch, it's listed as a drama not a comedy.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm neither a frat boy, nor a female, but I think he's hilarious. I'm also someone who loves good stand-up comedy, not -- clubber put it -- someone who likes the BEP and thinks they like hip hop.

Hey, comedy is subjective. Different people find different shit amusing. C'est la vie.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You obviously missed out on 1979's Hello Larry, staring McLean Stevenson as Larry Alder a 44-year-old divorcee in Portland, Oregon, raising his two teenage daughters and hosting a call-in psychology radio show

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ever tried watching a Browns game?

(Hi IJAG!)

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm there. Eddie Izzard is fucking brilliant.

He and Lewis Black are 1-2 to me these days.

Only disappointment was seeing Eddie in Adam Sandler's "Click," and he played it relatively straight. It wasn't the Eddie Izzard I became hooked on.

AFA Dane Cook ... I'm with Clubber and the rest of ya. Decidedly mediocre. Thought I might see something in his SNL hosting gig, and it was pathetic. I see nothing there.

Draft saved Draft deleted