1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dane Cook in a psychological thriller?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, May 7, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Before even knowing that film wrecker Costner was starring.... this movie sounded more stupid than anything else.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And the other 10-percent of us dont like him because it's widely discussed among comedians that he steals material

3. Are you sure you're not confusing him with Carlos Mencia?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

After watching that thing on Youtube about Mencia stealing material, I can't look at him the same way ever again... Unfortunate, because I had thought he was one of the best of the current crop.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

I'm well aware of the accusations against Mencia as well, but apparently Dane's got some sticky fingers as well. Artie Lang and the owner of one of the New York Comedy Clubs talked about it on Stern's show.

6. This is the first I've heard of it. I'll have to look into that.
    Being in this business, I can't stand those who plagarize anything, so it will radically change my views on him if this is true.
    If it is true, though, I'm surprised we haven't heard more because he is so hot right now. You'd think people would be tearing him down as quickly as they could if it was warranted.
    We do that, don't we?

7. BitterYoungMatador2

No one seems to care that Mencia has allegedly stolen most of his act.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

They should. Guy's fucking terrible to begin with; even worse with someone else's bits.

As for Dane Cook, I'm in the "loved him at first, but now cooling on him" boat. He's still funny, sure. But overexposure's a bitch sometimes.

9. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

I thought this thread was going to be about this movie:

http://lionsgate.com/goodluckchuck/

Dane Cook stars as a guy who sleeps with a lot of women, then falls in love with Jessica Alba.

10. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

If he's stealing his material, then he's not even a good thief.

Draft saved Draft deleted