1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dancing with the Stars 2010

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're mad at the people who keep voting for her, that's fine.

But neither Palin is doing anything wrong. Bristol is milking her "celebrity" or "notoriety" for every cent she can and her mother is supporting her. Just guessing here, but I'd bet Sarah would have been very happy if Bristol had been eliminated six weeks ago so she doesn't have to deal with this either.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Thank God Robert Goulet never did DWTS.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I only watch DWTS now and again, but I saw this coming a mile away - and I'm sure the producers did, too.

Same thing happened a couple years ago when Shawn Johnson won. She wasn't the best dancer, but the teenybopper gymnasts (my daughter is one) supported their own.

I'm guessing that Bristol will win, too, even though she clearly doesn't deserve to. The tea baggers or tea partiers or whoever the &*$% they are will keep calling to vote.

4. Mizzougrad96

Jerry Rice lasted several weeks longer than he should have very early on. I didn't watch the season Emmitt won, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he wasn't a better dancer than AC Slater.

I am stunned, but very amused, that Bristol has lasted this long. I thought she'd be gone very quickly and that ABC was setting her up to be humiliated.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

ABC was setting her up to be humilated? The level of victimization never ends.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've never watched this show, but I saw the clip.

Bristol looked shocked and maybe even embarrassed when it was announced that the other girl had been eliminated.

---

Can I ask a quick political question for the Palin haters? It's more of a procedural question, so maybe it will be allowed.

It's generally believed that Palin would be the weakest potential candidate that Obama could face and that he would easily beat her, right?

And, the left's fear is that the Republican primary voters will realize this (or maybe she'll realize it) and she won't get the nomination.

If al of this is true, wouldn't the best way to have encouraged both her and Republican voters that she could win would have been for Chritine O'Donnell to have been elected to the Senate from Delaware?

Think about it. If the Dems had pulled an "operation chaos" and gotten O'Donnell elected it would have convinced Palin & her supporters that she was a viable Presidential candidate.

You guys blew it. You missed a golden opportunity.

7. Mizzougrad96

You don't think people are watching because they want to see her go home?

8. Mizzougrad96

I think she scares both sides.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

outing alert: txsportscribe is Jeb Bush

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

First of all, that kind of shit never works. I mean, holy shit, it's hard enough to get Democrats to vote.

Second of all, she can win. And she might.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The shirt is missing a word: Quitter.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

you're giving my brother too much credit.

Draft saved Draft deleted