1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dana Jacobson: Sarah Silverman wanna-be?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Didn't the Catholic League also gets their panties in a wad over Dogma? Jesus, these people need a real hobby.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

They need to rethink their priorities. Because, as of this moment, it is a wealthy organization that picks meaningless fights over irrelevant issues. But do pass the crackers and wine, not to mention the collection plate.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yes. I'll look for the story, but I know Kevin Smith had a field day with them.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

William Donahue just needs to realize his own irrelevancy and go away.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That is HUUUUUUUUGE!
    [​IMG]

6. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Fuck This Thread

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I find that offensive.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

He won't go away as long as the cable news networks treat him like he's the Pope's U.S. spokesman. Anytime some Hollywood type says something dumb about religion, CNN and Fox rush him on the air....despite the fact that the guy is just the head of a small group that's more concerned about pushing a conservative political agenda than the Catholic faith.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

On the DVD he has a lot of fun pointing out that while the one of the big problems the Catholic League had with the film was the casting of Alanis (someone who sang about oral sex) as God, the Pope invited Alanis to come sing in Vatican City at some big music festival.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That and the Evening with Kevin Smith DVDs are the only reasons I know it was a big deal. I couldn't find any press on the rally in Red Bank, N.J., but I imagine it was a mad house.

11. DING!!! DING!!!! DING!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!

Jeezn'Pete people. If we Jews got upset with anything said about us and our faith at a roast, there would BE no more roasts anymore.

Ooooh, did I say that out loud? THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID IT!!!!!

By the by, Dana was apparently so ripped, she must not have noticed Charlie Weis in attendance. Either that, or she missed the opportunity for the obvious line (shamelessly stealing and paraphrasing directly from Milton Berle during a Frank Sinatra roast from the 70s)...

"I see Charlie Weis is here tonight. You know, I tried to set up a 1-on-1 interview with Coach the other day. I found that getting a 1-on-1 interview with a Notre Dame coach is like trying to get a 1-on-1 interview with the Pope. The only difference is, with the Pope, you only have to kiss his ring."

;D ;D ;D

12. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I humbly offer my apologies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.