1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dana Jacobson: Sarah Silverman wanna-be?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by terrier, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Apparently Shit Faced Drunk is a no-no as ESPN, Shit Faced Stupid gets you a seat on Sports Center, boo yah.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So Dana Jacobsen walks into a bar and the bartender says "why the long face?"

3. Jar of Flies

Jar of Flies Member

Where's the video? Surely there had to be someone there who videotaped this thing.

Jesus!

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Leave it to the fucking Catholic church to pick THIS as a big problem to fight.

And they wonder why so many of us have left and don't plan on coming back. They've pissed off my mother several times lately, as well, and I never thought I'd see that happen.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Winner winner chicken dinner.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I think shit-faced drunk was cool at the WWL until the 2006 Holiday party....which is why the 2007 Holiday party was a beer & wine event.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

What happened in 06? Was that the Sean Salisbury Dick in a Copier year?

8. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I dunno exactly the ins and outs. I do know, however, several prominent on and off-screen members of the WWL were drunk as hell and some were using very creative pick-up lines on some of the younger female workers...One of the most creative lines of the night was said to a young female staffer on the .com side by one of the notables...."Hey, you wanna fuck"..

Needless to say I'm sure that was just the tip of the yuletide iceberg.

I can say with complete certainty that this year's party was much tamer (since I was there). This has a little to do with the lack of liquor and a lot to do with the 13 inches of fresh powder that dusted through the area.

Still the best catered event I've ever been to.

9. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

This is fantastic. I might use this in a story someday.

Did you make that up?

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Wish I did. It's actually a repurposed Steve Spurrier joke I've used on a number of occasions.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't care what you say. I still miss Harold Reynolds.

12. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

13 inches of fresh powder? Who can snort that much coke in Bristol?
    Dana Jacobson? Not doable.
    Sarah Silverman? Doable, especially after a few drinks.
    This has been your male chauvinist pig moment of the day, brought to you by the Catholic League, telling you what to do since Christ was a kid.
    (BTW, I say this is a baptized, confirmed member of the Church of Rome).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.