1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Wetzel on McCoy and Gilbert last night

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sneed, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Sneed

Sneed Guest

I enjoyed this.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-texasqbs010810&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. NDub

NDub Guest

I agree. A terrific piece.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great piece.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Just read and was about to post. Really enjoyed it.

5. Writer33

Writer33 Member

Good stuff.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Good story. No question. But I thought Texas had closed locker rooms. How did Wetzel get all this access?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Apparently, he's good.

I think we'll be seeing that in BASW 2010.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Fascinating depth on a topic dozens if not hundreds of other people were writing on.

That said, this isn't true:
    "Colt was the guy who never got hurt."

Colt was knocked out of games in 2006 and 2007 that directly cost his team shots at a national championship, two losses to K-State and one to A&M. He didn't ever go on the shelf for a whole season, but his injuries did hurt his team in the past. Not that he doesn't play hard or that there was anything he could have done about them, but just saying. He'd been hurt and it had cost his team.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

BCS bowl games have open locker rooms, at least in my experiences.

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Great reporting by Wetzel.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I keep beating this drum, but I think Wetzel is the best columnist in the country. Great writer, reporter, works his ass off, is knowledgeable, never takes the hackey, easy route, and almost always makes me think. This is the person who should be earning Rick Reilly money right now.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When I clicked on the link Sneed provided, I realized I'd already read this earlier today. And I also remembered how much I enjoyed reading it.

This column was, without a doubt, the kind of column I got into the business wanting to write.

Draft saved Draft deleted