1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Snyder's neighbor registers "Washington Bravehearts" trademark

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by franticscribe, Oct 25, 2013.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/oct/25/dan-snyder-neighbor-trademarks-washington-bravehea/

Snyder's denying any connection, but it seems awfully coincidental. Also strange that his spokesman says he's never met the neighbor when they were both parties to the same lawsuit.

I hate to run the risk of upsetting one of the mod's by starting this, since the last Washington NFL team threads were locked, but I'd hope we could discuss this possible name. Seems significant.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe the board gadabout can resist throwing the N word down. That might help keep it unlocked.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

My theory is that chrismba is Dan Snyder, or at least his #1 lickspittle Karl Swanson.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I sure hope everyone made it through that horrific sequence with their retinas intact.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Pretty much nobody gives a shit if you use the word, just like nobody but the perpetually offended gives a shit about the name Redskins. But the N word locks boards. Write it again and see how long this one lasts.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Never heard that word before.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Back to the OP, Washington Bravehearts is a terrible name.

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Agreed, a terrible name. Bravehearts? That's effing stupid.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They may score five touchdowns and destroy RG-III's knees, but they'll never take away, OUR FREEDOM!!!!

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe the real plan is to name them the Washington Gadabouts ... can't wait to see the logo.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Snyder, Goodell scheduled to meet tomorrow about the name.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/snyder-set-meet-goodell-new-york

"Senior NFL officials" meeting with Native American tribes Wednesday.

Not looking too good for tradition and all that was right with pre-World War II America.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bravehearts? That's just embarrassing. Like, the Beltways would be better, and I picked that to suck on purpose.

Draft saved Draft deleted