1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Snyder Hoping The Truth Is Not An Absolute Defense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Stupid NFL lockout decision! I'll show the world, Dan Snyder means business by filing another frivolous lawsuit!

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I love how he writes that he "understands journalist's perspectives and challenges" because his father was a Mizzou grad and worked in journalism.

Maybe he should try taking some JV swimming results if he really wants to understand perspectives and challenges.

3. I couldn't find a story about this account, but one of my favorite memories about Myron Cope. . . longtime Steelers color guy, journalist and really way too many accomplishments to list . . . was when he was working a game against Washington. Snyder's box was right next door to the Steelers broadcast booth in a game the Steelers were winning handily, and he took exception to Cope referring to them as the Wash redfaces. He sent a guy over to tell him to stop, and Myron's response, on-air, was . . .

"If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint!"

Made me laugh anyway. RIP Myron.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Myron had more talent and integrity in his pinky than Snyder has.

What a MORAN, he refuses to get it. Publicity is bad publicity when everyone starts hating you and thinks you're a dope.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Dave McKenna leaves Washington City Paper: http://dcist.com/2011/12/dave_mckenna_leaves_city_paper_afte.php

... but first makes sure to slam Dan Snyder viciously (and justifiably): http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/42006/dan-snyder-unsportsman-of-the-year-2011/

Draft saved Draft deleted