1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Snyder Hoping The Truth Is Not An Absolute Defense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 2, 2011.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I especially liked this one:
    "This could cause a casual reader to conclude you are the most malign and incompetent owner in the history of organized sports, which is completely unfair. Because of his agenda, McKenna fails to contextualize all of this - neglecting to mention, to use just one obvious example, that former Cincinnati Reds owner Marge Schott used to let her dog poop on the playing field."

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

SB Nation, bastion of hard-hitting journalism that it is, swallows everything Snyder is feeding it.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/2/2/1970947/the-details-of-dan-snyders-complaint-against-washington-city-paper

Most prominently, they're lapping up Snyder's word that he didn't forge any documents for one of his previous companies. It took me about 30 Google seconds to find a link to just such a case.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/citydesk/2009/10/30/cheap-seats-daily-somebody-once-wrote-a-nice-dan-snyder-story-does-it-hold-up-no/

Those damn mediaites and their hatred of Snyder! Good thing SB Nation is here to save the day.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Story you linked to says Hogs Haven, not SB Nation. The reason I point is out is that the new and improved, lovable and cuddly Snyder sat down with a couple of HH guys during the season or right before it, and pretty much got a nice blowjob out of it from some fanbois, so it's no surprise they'd jump to his defense. After Snyder's "hard hitting" interview with some irate, diehard fans, all you heard was how cool and nice he was and how he didn't duck any of their (weak ass) questions and how he's not such a bad guy after all. I wouldn't say it was state-run media coming to the defense, but it's certainly a Snyder-friendly site.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Right up there with the fairly-recent Forbes profile of Snyder, which was cause for considerable mirth.

5. Flying Headbutt

And then there was this from a TV guy last night:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2011/02/brett_haber_on_daniel_snyder.html

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Interesting and not at all surprising. But isn't it still an SB Nation site? It does have the SB Nation banner.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They spent 5 minutes talking about it Thursday, on the silliness of going after a city paper over this.

Czabe compared and contrasted to the Dallas owner, who spends his time and efforts creating a terrific new football stadium while the Redskins owner goes after a piddly newspaper.

8. Flying Headbutt

I don't know. I can't say I've ever gone to HH, except when I read that glowing transcript. I have no interest otherwise.

Of course, Snyder went on his rival station's afternoon show and just as soon as the show started getting tough, his suits pulled him away. Not before letting Lavar Arrington kiss and make up with him though. Not sure who to really blame, but it was such a let down just now because it sounded like Arrington was saving the day for Snyder. They say he was being pulled away, but man. LOOOOOOOOTS of questions that should have been asked, for one reason or another, weren't.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Snyder was on with Fatso for a few minutes, this afternoon . . . could only listen for about 30 seconds . . . sounded very whitewashy, from what I heard . .. anyone hear more?

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The whole thing of him claiming anti-Semitism is rich considering his team nickname is the same thing as calling them the Washington Yids.

Draft saved Draft deleted