1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick to NBC...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Jul 7, 2008.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

and reuniting with Olbermann on Football Night in America.

Details on MSNBC. Not bad.

2. Sean Smyth

Sean Smyth Member

This is going to be a disaster. NBC has done well, so far, with avoiding the gimmickry and such.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's a great idea.

Hope it works.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's, what, seven or eight people on the set now? Pretty crowded.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They just didn't have enough white guys on that desk. Geezh. I like Patrick, and I hope he gets to go to Beijing out of the deal, but now they'll have 7 people for a one-hour show? It was cluttered enough as it was.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But if you're going to have gimmicks, then isn't it better to go with the duo that started the SportsCenter-ification of highlights than two poseurs?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think this is great news...

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I think it's just for the highlights portion from what I read.

Always liked that duo, so I'll give 'em a shot.

9. Sean Smyth

Sean Smyth Member

Good point, Inky. If this were Stuart Scott instead of Dan Patrick being hired, I'd be even more annoyed.

Still, I don't see how it will benefit NBC. Are ratings going to skyrocket so people can see cult favorites from 1997?

Onto another point: I imagine Patrick ain't working cheap. In a time where the networks are scaling back in plenty of places, is this the wisest place to be spending cash?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Considering he's having trouble getting his radio show syndicated, he might work cheaper than you'd think.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

This feels like a reunion that happened 10 years too late.

They're going to get back together and people are going to realize their memories of the duo are far better than actually seeing them up on stage, straining to hit the high notes. So to speak.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Like Foreigner?

Seriously, this will make me stop watching postgame Sunday football highlights altogether.

Draft saved Draft deleted