1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick joins SI Group/new radio show thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Oct 11, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Re: The new Dan Patrick show

I don't know, Tirico's show rocks when VanPelt co-hosts. VP is frigging funny.

2. Re: The new Dan Patrick show

I liked Patrick w/Dibble and Olbermann.

Meanwhile, Colin Cowherd spent an hour this week talking about the difference between Whole Foods and Wegmans(?) grocery stories - I tried to listen but seeing as how I have neither within hours of me AND I can't imagine spending an hour talking about grocery stores, I changed the fucking channel.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I think Tirico's generally a pretty decent listen. As ondeadline pointed out, a radio show is typically better when more than one person is on. Generally like the rotation of Herbstreit, Van Pelt and Tafoya, though it's certainly no Olbermann-Patrick combination.

Still, that feels more natural, like you're dropping in on a conversation instead of having some blowhard scream at you (and I'm talking to you, Screamin' A.)

4. JD Canon

JD Canon Guest

van pelt? he does a great Screamin A. but for funny, i'd listen reilly over him every time.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Wait, so it's just Dan Patrick talking to himself? Sounds like Wenalway on the radio.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Patrick was smart to carry Dibble as long as he did.

Made Dan look GREAT, by comparison.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I caught a little of his show this morning and he talked at length with Wayne Gretzky. Do you think ESPN would have let him talk hockey for that long?

Since I haven't listened much, I have a question for anybody who has: Have you heard any ESPN people on his show? I suspect that they aren't allowed to come on his show, but I don't know.

8. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Damn, that 15 hours of show every day would kill me.

9. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Haven't heard the show, but, hey, it's almost a sure bet Feinstein or Whitlock will resurface there.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That's an evil statement. ;)

Seriously, I like Patrick. And I'd sure rather listen to him flying solo than Cowherd at that time of the day.

12. Re: The new Dan Patrick show

Cowherd's annoying.

Draft saved Draft deleted