1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick joins SI Group/new radio show thread

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This is worse than the ESPN show because he doesn't have anybody to talk to except himself. I hate shows where it's one guy hearing himself talk.

The Patrick show when he had Olbermann on was terrific radio. Not that Dibble is all that good, but when he was on Patrick's show at least it was a little more entertaining.

It's a tiresome monologue until he finally has a guest. He seems to take more calls than before, but that's not a positive, either. it gets a thumbs down as far as I'm concerned.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Re: The new Dan Patrick show

You mean the only reason he got those people to come on his old show was because of ESPN? I thought they were all glad just to talk to Danny.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

when and where is it on?

4. Ira_Schoffel

Ira_Schoffel Member

It's syndicated ... but I don't think it's part of any network. Just up to your local stations whether they want it. We get it here in Tallahassee. It's in the mornings.

It ain't real good, for exactly the reasons stated above. Patrick is OK as a straight man for Dibble or Olbermann or someone with personality. But he's dry as heck by himself.

He still gets pretty good guests, but he would need wall-to-wall guests, one right after another, to keep the show moving.

I can't imagine this will have a long life, unless he adds a co-host.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The show is syndicated, based out of L.A. station KLAC, and runs from 9 a.m.-noon ET.
    <a href="http://www.am570radio.com/pages/streaming.html/">
    Here's the listen-live link.</a>

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Another chance to listen to that windbag brag about who he knows and what events he's attended recently? No thanks.

7. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Oh, I loved Dibble!

No filter.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

My local station picked him up last week. So far, it's okay, but I can tell you one thing Norman, he hasn't done much of bragging and pontificating like he has on ESPN. He sounds more calmer and isn't being too big of a windbag. Secondly, he's unattached (not under FSR, SNR, or ESPN for that matter) so I don't think there is any pressure for him to stir up any shit for ratings. I would get pissed off at how he stood on a soapbox when he was with ESPN. After two weeks of listening to him so far, I'm not ticked off, mainly because it doesn't sound so damn contrived and orchestrated.

I'll take him over Shemon and Washington, with respects to my local radio.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Has he talked about shooting 81 at Augusta yet? ::)

10. Re: The new Dan Patrick show

Did Show Killer go with him?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No, Show Killer's still ringing the weight bell on Tirico's show.

12. JD Canon

JD Canon Guest

patrick lost olbermann, but he went longer on the segment with rick reilly the time i heard him on. that was great.

the new patrick show is better than his espn radio replacements.

Draft saved Draft deleted