1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Patrick? Good doggy. Todd Wright? OUT OUT OUT!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Dan Patrick Show (delayed 12 hours, mind you) pre-empts Todd Wright on the most-listened-to sports radio station in the country.

http://danpatrick.bloggingolbermann.com/2007/11/12/dan-does-dallas/

The apocalypse is nigh.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I think, in my opinion backed up by years of listening to talk radio, that Todd Wright, formerly of ESPN Radio, where he manned the overnight hours, those long and thankless times when all the sports are done and not all the sports fans are listening and you use a lot of pre-taped interviews because who's going to get up in the middle of the night to talk, has been greatly wronged by this decision, made by the hackery that is radio management, like Pig Vomit in "Private Parts."[/longwindedtoddwrightlikestatement]

Seriously, I've heard worse than Wright but I'd love to see one of his long-winded sentences, particularly his questions, diagrammed by an eighth-grade teacher.

3. You ask, Del, I provide.

[​IMG]

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Todd Wright spent more time talking about women than anything else.

And a blog devoted to Dan Patrick. Wow.

5. I was going to point out the essential pathos of the blog itself.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Patrick's show is struggling right now. He needs someone to play off of to be effective, and he's not a morning host. Tape delaying shows always sounds like crap too. Todd Wright is great at what he does - anyone who endures Jason Smith, the awful ESPN host in his former spot, can vouch for him being sorely missed there.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Here Esquire writer Scott Raab mounts his time machine. Destination: 1999 Mission: To destroy the paragraph from his profile about Dan Patrick now posted on this blog about Dan Patrick. "Sometimes you wish you had one back," said Raab as he throttled up. "This is that one". Fly safe, doughty Time Reviser!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted