1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Mullen will walk out on reporters if they ask about injuries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

On the positive side, if you've really gotta be somewhere, or just catch the early movie, ask a question about injuries and get the heck outta there early. The "Mullen storms out of news conference" writes itself and fills the gaps better than quotes anyway.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Oh, and another thing. Maybe someone can help me out here. Dan Mullen still coaches at Mississippi State, right? They need all the friendly coverage they can get, for god's sake.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Can't wait to hear from Blitz about this one.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe the Patriots were playing the Falcons that week, and someone got their wires crossed.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yes, you would think.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

In the Great State of Mississippi, Dan Mullen can do little wrong. He's turning the program around. He's won a two bowls. He's had two first-round picks and is 3-0 against the University of Mississippi. That means something in Starkville.
    But the crap he's pulling now is all ego and will haunt him.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

HIPAA doesn't apply.

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

FWIW, our university claims injury status is protected by FIRPA (sp? — The federal student records law). Of course, probably also crap, but then what? FOIA it and wait for them to process the request?

EDIT: I remembered a conversation I had with my ME, who I asked to bring the same question to a lawyer for our state press association. She said the lawyer told her they can claim HIPAA.

9. doctorx

doctorx Member

Remember, he studied under Urban Meyer.

10. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

He could ask his own questions and then answer them while rambling on about the jumbo package, or were we talking about the jumbo backs?

11. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Will Clark had no way of knowing at the time that this action, as well as the other 57 RBIs he got that series, would place him in the list of my 10-least favorite people ever for the rest of his life...

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Correct, provided the coach isn't HIPAA certified.

Draft saved Draft deleted