1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Mullen will walk out on reporters if they ask about injuries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 3, 2012.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No, it reeks of a total disrespect for someone who won't practice the basic ethics of journalism. He's a TMZ reporter, nothing more.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

ESPN hired Joe Schad to be the football version of Andy Katz. Andy works hard and has access to many bkb coaches but I don't know if that access leads to a lot of scoops. A lot of info, yes. The ability to do phone interviews with all NCAA touney coaches in a day, yes. I would say Katz does a better job of covering college hoops than Schad does covering college football but it's a "world's tallest midget" debate. For instance, I think Brett McMurphy will break more stories at ESPN.com in the next month than Schad has broken at ESPN.

Me thinks Schad and Katz each have great agents. Schad, in particular, is someone in love with his own reputation. They're both examples of guys who were more interested in moving up than in the process of moving up. I remember when Katz was at the Albuquerque paper he was asking other writers for advice in how to move up in the biz. He moved to the Fresno Bee and then ESPN, I believe. Not saying he didn't work hard at either stop but seems like he was a ladder climber.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I heard that every sports journalist that name drops his SEC alma mater and graduating class is a joke.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, Lieutenant Dan, who's hurt?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Not bad. I wouldn't use the seven-letter G word, but not bad.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

It's not nearly the SportsJournalists.com tradition as having apologists for even the most heinous acts of humanity.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. It's worse. Much worse.

And, of course, if you're equating what was done here with a heinous act of humanity, you need to get out a little more.

Draft saved Draft deleted