1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Marino's Baby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1004766/1/index.htm

Chart on the right.

"Hey guys, here's some stupid gloves, given to me free for the endorsement."

"Thanks, Dan! We wouldn't have wanted those dumb golf clubs anyway!"

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Moddy, to answer the question you posed, yes, it's a story. However, it's a story I absolutely do not care about, and probably wouldn't have cared about if it had come in 1987 when Marino was a star.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Christ, will these people wrap the damn unit or take the damn pill.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What isn't a story these days?

I think homosexuality is the big one because there are a lot of gay players in every sport and the writers know about it and they don't write it, nor should they.

I don't think players cheating on their wives is a story until there's a kid. Even then, it's probably not a story unless it's someone who has several kids with multiple women, or someone who is a really big star like Elway or Marino...

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't think it's a story then. It's only a story if his gal pal sues for child support, which makes it public information. Outside of that, it's personal.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Marino tried to use a condom, but he had no experience putting on a ring.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hey, He's Catholic, birth control is a sin.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Every sperm is sacred.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He was always known for his quick release.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hate that qualification. The number of people who have sex without the knowledge that pregnancy can result is so low as to be statistically insignificant.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yet, Ray Lewis gets ripped for it. Hmmmmm.....

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Ray Lewis stuff here is truly overdone tripe by people looking to race-bait.

Marino: one child out of wedlock. Bad. Embarrassing. Paying millions. That's why it was on the cover of the New York Post.

Lewis: children by four different women and never married any of them or been a daily presence in his kids' lives, plus has fought his support obligations (such as the woman who went to court to up it from $3K/month 10 years after the kid was born and after Lewis' football and endorsement income had exploded).

It is truly stupid to even hint that they are the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted