1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Jenkins to be inducted into World Golf Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Dec 15, 2011.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Yup. Joy, Waylon, Troy, etc.

2. joe

joe Active Member

They got a lot of Climpson in they heart.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain it's Orangejello and Lemonjello (no lime) because they were pronounced o-RON-gelo and le-MON-gelo. And pretty sure it's spelled Potatus Fry. Someone with a copy of the book on hand needs to check those for me.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Lemonjello and Orangejello.

You Gotta Play Hurt is my favorite Jenkins book. Actually worked up the nerve to ask him to autograph my copy a few years ago at a speaking engagement and he was kind enough to do so.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hunter Thompson dropped the N-word in his copy on occasion. Never heard anyone rip him for that.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Nothing will top the TCU backfield of Tonsillitis Johnson and Artis Toothis.

Congrats to Dan Jenkins on an honor well-deserved.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Likewise. I hit him up at one of the PGA's I worked. He was very nice about it.

But I'm almost positive it's Orangejello and Limejello.

That would be the infamous "NRL, NRR, WBKP." And yes, I know I'm missing a step that eludes me right now.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

third down: SPDN

9. joe

joe Active Member

From page 199 in your paperback edition, the three rules a senior citizen must live by:
    1. Never pass up an opportunity to take a piss.
    2. Never trust your first hard-on in the morning.
    3. Never trust a fart.

Also on 199, Orangejello and Limejello.

10. joe

joe Active Member

"God DAMN that cocksucking motherfucker!" I yelled into the phone as Jeannie sat up in bed with alarm. "The big tamale? The whole enchilada? With my name on it? Are you fucking kidding me?"

I knocked over a chair. "Charlotte, tell that chinless son of a bitch something for me! I mean it! Tell him when I get back to New York, I'm gonna get a glass-bottom car so I can see the look on his fucking face when I run over him!"

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I forgot about Artis Toothis.

Should have found my Climpson media guide and looked up Potatus Fry.

I seriously almost made You Gotta Play Hurt requried reading for my original course a few years back. His two buddies in the book, Furman Bisher and Mike Lupica - right? I can't remember their names. Dub and Richie?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to forget the immortal NGL.

Draft saved Draft deleted