1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Jenkins on Tiger

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by GuessWho, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hey! Thanks for the shout-out!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The women started bleeding him dry long before the dirty laundry was aired. :D

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I was just saying to myself the other day that we needed another Tiger Woods thread. This makes 4 to my knowledge.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Consider this a Dan Jenkins thread. :D

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Nicklaus will remain golf's majors leader. Tiger? Fuck him.
    [/quote]

Yes. And yes.
    I have dealt briefly with Player and Nicklaus at The Masters and Player was great. Would have stayed for the longest time talking, it seems, if he could have. Jack was candid and courteous, though I understand that back in his playing days he would really kind of hole up in his rented house and spend little time talking even to his family members during the tournament week.
    Woods really seemed to close the gate after Charlie Pierce's piece in Esquire, an excellent look at the Tiger as a young boor. Maybe now all the club throwing and mini temper tantrums will not be passed off as Tiger being Tiger.
    And Luca Brasi, I mean Stevie Williams, says he won't abide by any heckling of Woods on the course. You gonna have your knuckle dragging, knuckle breaking hands full, pal. The world may always love Woods but now more than ever, there's gonna be guys on the other side of the ropes just waiting to unload on Woods the way Sergio or Monty could only come close to getting it.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Waiting for the day when Stevie barks at a very drunk, very ill-tempered ex-Marine who's about 6-6. If the guy pummels that Kiwi piece of shit, it will be a race to see who can take up the fastest collection for bail money -- media or other Tour players.

8. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I thought Jenkins' column was spot on. Rantings of an old man? No, the observations of a man that knows how the game (golf and media relations) has always been played, and as much as Tiger wishes it weren't, will always be. Go tell it Jim Tom.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes. And yes.
    I have dealt briefly with Player and Nicklaus at The Masters and Player was great. Would have stayed for the longest time talking, it seems, if he could have. Jack was candid and courteous, though I understand that back in his playing days he would really kind of hole up in his rented house and spend little time talking even to his family members during the tournament week.
    Woods really seemed to close the gate after Charlie Pierce's piece in Esquire, an excellent look at the Tiger as a young boor. Maybe now all the club throwing and mini temper tantrums will not be passed off as Tiger being Tiger.
    And Luca Brasi, I mean Stevie Williams, says he won't abide by any heckling of Woods on the course. You gonna have your knuckle dragging, knuckle breaking hands full, pal. The world may always love Woods but now more than ever, there's gonna be guys on the other side of the ropes just waiting to unload on Woods the way Sergio or Monty could only come close to getting it.
    [/quote]

Boy, do you get it.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Agreed. Very well said.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Someone needs to track down the fan Woods excoriated from the tee for taking a picture a few years back and ask that guy how he feels about all this. That was the moment when I was officially off the Tiger Woods bandwagon. Asshole move of the first order. The guy is still going to be a millionaire the rest of his life, but this is some measure of just desserts.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's the way I think of him.
    Aside from my belief that it's sort of interesting that he did what he did, with so many women, I haven't got any interest whatsoever in his daliances.
    I know him as the greatest I've ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted