1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Jenkins is tweeting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bob Cook, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

DanJenkinsgd? Any relation to Mike311gd?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Every famous course has at least one or two famous holes. It's part of the package. There has to be a swing hole, or strong finishing holes or some such "Amen Corner."
    As Junior Soprano once said, "I don't make the rules."

3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Well, she's got me on this one.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

If all of her complete thoughts are only 140 characters or less, she deserves to be on Twitter.

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

They can tweet on BEAT

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Hondo, I just dont' think we know the course well enough, and unfortunately, this probably won't be the week, either. We will likely go through two entire U.S. Opens there and never see the course the way it typically is.

No. 18 could be the hole you're talking about, among a few others.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

She follows up a minute later with this:

Reason number 159689395642182 to not tweet on ambien. And. I'm out.

Wonder what kind of fun Dan Jenkins could have writing about someone like Jenn Sterger?

8. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

First, Dan doesn't "have to do this stuff." The magazine asked and he quickly said yes. He's having fun. I bet his followers are having more fun.

Sure, I'd Twitter if I had anything to Twitter about. Why not?

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Fair enough.

I'd certainly Twitter for money, or I would if an employer was holding it like a gun to my head. I've suspected the latter is the case with many journos, which has turned me against it. But if the majority really enjoy it, I'll stand corrected.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I legitimately enjoy doing it.
    Besides the obvious benefit (sending out links to my stories brings more eyeballs to what I am working on), it's just another form of communication. Is it different than what I do for the newspaper? Or, heck, even my blog? Well, yeah. Of course. If only for the fact 140 characters does not allow me room for asides and the like.
    It should be noted that I talked to our main web guy back in January and asked him what he thought of Twitter. He said he was not sure, but that he would not mind seeing somebody take a hold of it and see what could be done with it. I took him up on it, and I've enjoyed it to this point.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not 18 ... maybe the most bland finishing hole in major championship golf. 10-12 are better candidates for a strong swing hole situation one day, but not now.

12. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Oh, there are several characters in his novels that aren't far off Ms. Sterger.

Draft saved Draft deleted