1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Jenkins is tweeting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bob Cook, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe he'll tweet on whatever happened to that dream backfield of Tonsillitis Johnson and Artis Toothis.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll stand by my belief that Bethpage can't possibly rank among the dullest Open courses. But it's his opinion. The "birdbrain" crack was a play off Twitter (OK, not terribly funny).

I just think it's silly for a longform genius to have to do this stuff. I'd like to know what board regular Dave Kindred thinks of Tweeting.

3. Sneed

Sneed Guest

Amazoning it....

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

If only Billy Clyde Puckett will begin tweeting to keep us updated about Barbara Jane, Twitter might have value.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Get Dead Solid Perfect while you're at it. Read it and tell me the section on the fake football team isn't the greatest thing ever.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I'm partial to the golf race across Fort Worth, from the parking lot at Goat Hills to the loafer on its side in Kenny Lee's closet. The guy who chipped onto the bus was a genius.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry, but he's right. You can't name one memorable hole at Bethpage.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The scene where hacks are arguing over their seats at the NCAA tournament is priceless.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The big Vegas fight between Rhino Ray and Porkchop was good too.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Does there have to be one memorable hole for a course to be great? Then again we've seen exactly one tournament (and about six holes today) at Bethpage. Taking in the entire atmosphere in 2002 with the fans and the public-course aspect, I don't see where the word "dull" comes in. At all.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

11. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Jenkins being restricted to Twitter vs. Me getting unlimited characters equals ... Ah, screw it, he'd still blow me away.

RB

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And another esteemed sports writer is on the Twitter train:

http://twitter.com/jennifersterger

Draft saved Draft deleted