1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dan Jenkins is tweeting

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Bob Cook, Jun 17, 2009.

1. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

Is this from a book, blog or what?

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[​IMG]

Read it. Yesterday.

3. HorseWhipped

HorseWhipped Guest

Thanks, Buck.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

As some might have seen, this was one of my three desert island books, and I make no apologies about it.

5. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

When you've got two girl friends, three ex-wives and a job to do, you gotta play hurt.

6. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hey Buck, if you read it yesterday, can I borrow it today?

7. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Might be the funniest book you ever read, until you read it a second time.

That graph is in the beginning of the book. I memorized it

8. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

I meant to mean it's funnier the second time

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My all-time favorite book. And I'm proud to say I got him to autograph my copy of it a few years ago.

10. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

That book should be mandatory reading for anyone who wants to be a sportswriter.

One of the best moments of my journalism career was watching the Olympics on a TV with Dan Jenkins in the media hospitality suite for the PGA Championship last fall. My wife gave me endless crap about it - "you just covered a major that ended with a huge putt on the 18th hole of a historic course, and the only thing you are talking about is watching TV with one of your colleagues?"

I told her that I'm not one of Dan Jenkins' colleagues, and that she should shoot me if my ego ever got big enough to think that I was.

11. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

I believe that's the first paragraph from the book. The line from Potatus Frye -- "I own these dicks!" -- will echo in my mind forever.

And Jenkins, who's been a fixture at the US Open and knows a little something about the game, is anything but a birdbrain.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nobody can unleash a dialogue like Dan Jenkins. His monthly sports column in Playboy back in the day was brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted