1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn...this is sad...I missed my own 5,000th post!?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Jul 25, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought about trying to cheat by deleting posts back to 4,999. Then I would write something special for number 5,000.... something profound and witty that would make my fellow brethren and sistren on SportsJournalists.com laugh and cry. I aspired to master the written word and create something truly worthy of an historic moment.

Then I realized something. Reality set in and I realized it was just me writing. Which means I should have been telling boots ore JDV that they are full of shit, going on about my love for Battlestar Galactica and the Pittsburgh Steelers or posting some sappy stuff about my daughter. Oh well. I've done plenty of that in my first 5,000 posts and I will do it plenty more in the embarrassingly-high number that is sure to follow.

Hmmm...this would've made a good No. 5,000...

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Nah ... 5,000 should be somewhere along the lines of 'fuck you all.'

P.S. I just realized I missed mine, too. It was 85 ago. Pretty sure my 5,000 was mocking JDV.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fuck you all would've been good, too. I had a tiny urge to delete my SportsJournalists.com self earlier this week, so that would've fit.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

It can get one in trouble. :eek:

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Rooks.

Here's my 17,000th, telling Hondo to get fucked:

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Eloquent yet effective.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Posts like these are why I like you.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

A hockeybeat post is my new sig. Well done, my brother.

Draft saved Draft deleted