1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn digital recorders..

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doubledown68, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Had my Olympus D-330 for four years now. Had to get it serviced once when the built-in speaker blew, otherwise it's been incredibly flawless.

Previous threads have lauded the Ipod voice recorder attachment as well, but I don't think anything could be as straightforward and user-friendly as the Olympus models. Brilliant stuff.

Oh, and RickyBobby, thanks for pointing out the footpedal accessory. I hadn't checked the accessory list before and there's some stuff there that will now be appearing on my wish lists.

2. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I agree, I have the same model and it works great.  I've put it through weather and basically beat the shit out of it and it still gives great quality sound too.  About the only knock I have on it is the location of the hold switch. It's easy to put it in your pocket or somewhere and accidentally have it switch on.  Functionally though, I like it.  Would also be nice if it had Mac software.

Also, unless I'm misreading what you're getting at Double J is right. You can fast forward and rewind within clips, you just have to get used to the speed you're going at because it can be pretty sensitive.

3. Are there any out there that allow you to move to a certain point in a clip - by entering the time, somehow - without having to fast forward or rewind?

Draft saved Draft deleted