1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damn Colts! Go Colts!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by fromdawntodesk, Jan 21, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The bandwagon keeps rolling along.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Just let these morons keep underestimating the Bears, DyePack. Two weeks in a row now we've heard what a joke they are, and how they have no chance. It's going to be fun to watch the clowns scatter and hide like cockroaches in two weeks when Sexy Rexy is holding up Lombardi.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A great team? Sorry, but that's reserved for those assemblages of talent that are absolutely breathtaking. Also for those who manage to win it all at least once. They're a very good team that has a defense that chose the best possible time of the year to toughen up. Manning is indeed a great quarterback. He has a great wideout to throw to in Harrison, and some other pass catchers who are very good.

They COULD have a field day, true. Or the Bears could run it down their throats as they did to New Orleans, and that defense could get a key turnover or two early, and it will be a close one.

That's why they play the games.

4. fromdawntodesk

fromdawntodesk New Member

That hurts, especially coming from someone who, on this board, generally ranks somewhere between "testicular fungus" and "pond scum" on both the likability and intelligence scales.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

They don't call him the best color guy in the league for nothing, folks.

On a threadjack, that is about as in-depth as the pregame shows get. I never really sit through the whole things, but I watched the half hour one before the AFC game, and they literally didn't say anything of value. I can't imagine how bad the regular two hour or however long they are must be. Here's what I don't get, if you're going to have four guys basically sit around and do on the surface analysis and try to be funny, why even bother with ex-players? If they aren't going to add anything that most fans already know, what is that they're adding? Seems like it would make more sense to get some comedians who know a little bit about the game... they'd be more entertaining, would give the same incite, and wouldn't have to try so damn hard to be funny.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except no team with white helmets have won the Super Bowl since 1973. Odd but true stat ... for now.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I wonder if Denny Green wants to crown someones ass about now.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like the league is crawling with a bunch of white-helmet teams.

Colts
    Cardinals
    Dolphins
    Jets (but only recently after 20+ years in the horsebleep green)
    Titans

Used to be white:
    Eagles
    Bucs
    Patriots
    Bills
    Chargers

Any that I'm missing?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Very early Cowboys, as have been used in recent Thanksgiving day games.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For some reason, I was thinking there were more white-helmet teams. Did and check and that's an accurate list.

11. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I'm really surprised at what a heavy favorite Indianapolis seems to be already. I think it took the Bears a few games to get used to playing without Tommie Harris. Before that, it took a few games to get used to playing without Mike Brown. Then they had the whole Tank Johnson fiasco that served as a late-season distraction. It was a bumpy ride there for a while, but they seem to have gotten through it.

Jones and Benson combined for nearly 2,000 yards this year on the ground. I know that's not astronomical, but they seem to be hitting their stride as a duo right about now.

The Colts might win, but to paint this as the most lopsided matchup in NFL history? That seems very premature. Lot of value there if the betting line gets into the 8-10 range in favor of Indianapolis.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are you crowning his ass already?

Draft saved Draft deleted