1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dammit...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Sock, if I can interrupt your waving of the First Amendment for just a second...

This is a board run by one guy who has to pay for the server. That gets pretty damn expensive. I say this because it means that he (and by extension the moderators he's tapped) can do whatever in the hell he wants. Also, I'm betting that when there are a whole lot of threads being started, it could be a bit of a drag on bandwidth (though I could be wrong there). Also? I think a lot of people here would agree that having 15 threads about one topic is ridiculous, and that it's easier (if sometimes a bit time-consuming) to catch up with many pages on one thread. But when you hit the little "anything goes" link on the top of the page, it automatically takes you to page one of the forum, so not having to wade through a bunch of different pages of threads is nice. And yeah, occasionally things get deleted. Honestly, if never knowing what the other maniacs on this site think of your post about the best young lefthanded second baseman from Omaha, or which celebrity should get into playboy next, is enough to bother you THIS much, then jesus christ, you've got bigger problems than this site.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Hey, I already said my merging was probably overkill.

But it's done. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings and killed your joy in watching the replies to your thread.

I can't undo it. Get over it. :-\

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

First off, where you're screwing up is that you're getting this upset about shit that's happening on an anonymous message board.

That out of the way, no one said you did screw up with the thread topics. One of the mods just did some combining. That's what they do. Christ, it's not like the guy kicked your dog. Post, reply, be happy. Ain't that hard.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The offivce hotties one should never have been started. A pro journo site can't countenance that

5. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Thanks to all the Dr. Phil Wannabes who have put me in my place and educated me on the SJ etiquette. Sorry guys, but I think I had a legitmate beef. Kiss my hairy white ass.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Yes, Sock. Your thread was merged and you missed out on the joy of seeing people reply to your thread.

My mistake and a thousand apologies. Life screwed you over and I'm the bad guy.

Get over it.

7. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

If we're deleting redundant threads, kill the lame Daytime Ramblings thread. We've already got one of those.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Disagree. One's for the night shift ramblings, the other is the day shift ramlbings.

And I rarely delete redundant threads. I just merge them. :D

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I say we kill this damn thing.

Not only would it be a service to the board, it would be rather funny to watch sock continue to melt down.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I believe the "late night" thread says, "(And some daytime) ramblings"

11. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I can fix that, too. :p

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

So we'll change things to please the Moddy-type people? What a fuckin' joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.