1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dammit...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

... the hotties thread got deleted while I was still on Page 2. Must have gotten interesting. Or at least gotten someone fired.

Sorry if this thread bugs any of our moderating pals. I understand if it gets nuked too. I just hate being in the dark. :mad:

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The trigger seems to pull very quickly tonight

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yeah, WTF? Everybody seemed to be having such a good time talking about NBA refs, Wade, the Heat, the Mavs ... why get so many threads killed?

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Office hotties got Moddyfied. As did one or two others.

I merged a few redundent threads.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Seems to be a lot more board policing going on lately.

Frankly, I'm a big fan.

[/moderator's pet]

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Do as you will, All Powerful Moderator. But in merging some threads, it didn't all get saved. Borders on censorship, if you ask me.

7. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

oh lord. Annnnnnnd they're off!

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I didn't delete anything but one thread that literally asked to be deleted. Some replies may be lost in the mix of the other replies from other threads.

Overkill on my part? Probably. I'll get over being called an asshole if you'll get over having a redundent thread or two merged.

Nighty night.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

And, quite frankly, I'd rather look at several different threads than have to plow through multiple pages of responses in a single thread. So there.
    The debate about best player in the NBA, was that killed because Chuck Taylor was talking about talk radio folks blowing Wade and my post mentioning something about his dick falling off after it's been felated so much?
    Have we come to this kind of censorship?

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

As has been explained before, this ain't no democracy.

To paraphrase Chris Tucker: This is the United States of Webby and his Moddys. They're the judge and the jury and the president and your mama and your daddy. They don't like it, it goes. Screw up real bad and you go.

Dems the rules. We've all pretty much accepted them. Makes life easier.

11. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

So go ahead, kill this thread too then.
    I'm not gonna get over it because when I waste my time on here making comments that I want to be heard and to see the replies of other SJers, I'd appreciate them not getting arbitrarily moved around or deleted.
    And NBA Refs STILL Suck.

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Dog, if somebody wants to tell me where I screwed up starting threads on hot topics, fine.
    I don't mind killing the Office Hotties thread, understand that. I just don't know why we can't have a little variety. A buffet of topics instead of a stew pot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.