1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damages

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JNEWFIFTY, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Disagree on Ray Fiske. The southern accent was laughably bad, and the raspy breathy voice was very annoying.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

TIVO ALERT: The finale tonight is listed as running 66 minutes.

3. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

Cannot wait to get outta here and see this season finale ;D

4. Mira

Mira Member

Well, they tied up all the dangling plots up nicely in a bow. And gave several reasons to bring on Season 2.

Despite the fact that he was shot, do you think Frobisher's dead?

5. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Very well done, as season finales go. It's hard to wrap up everything in a show like that, but overall I think they did a good job without being over the top about anything.

As far as Frobisher's fate, I'd say it's incidental. Alive or dead, he was pretty much marginalized by the settlement Patty was able to force out of him. It's sort of unfortunate, because like I said, Danson came to own that show.

I'm dubious about a second season. I won't play spoiler, but in the last five minutes, Patty went from something of an antihero to something far worse. I don't think there's anything the show can do in a second season to place her back in a good light.

6. Personally, I hated the finale. I was waiting for the big hit. They teased it a couple of times during the show, but never delivered. In the end, nothing was really revealed that we didn't already know. Certainly nothing of a bombshell nature. Ok, the case was wrapped up, Frobisher lost almost everything, although we never really saw the offer, Frobisher was left for dead int he field, crap crap crap. A part of me wanted some big bomb to drop, something that you should have seen coming but still shocked the hell out of you. It never came. All they did, much like with Traveler on ABC, was leave it open to a possibility of a second season. If it doesn't come, oh well, you get what you got. I liked, not loved, the show. It won't replace Shield or Nip/Tuck in my heart, but I was highly disappointed with the lack of haymakers thrown in the finale, one which was billed as shocking. I missed the shocking part of the show.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I missed the finale ... anyone know when the replay is?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

There's one on the 28th, I think. I looked on my Tivo.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thanks, IJAG. I gotta catch it. I'll be pissed if I put in the time to watch every episode except the last.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You can also download it from mininova if you don't want to wait.
    I haven't seen it yet. But USA Today had a squib last week that said its ratings were extremely poor and that it wouldn't be renewed.
    And that's some high dollar talent for no one watching. Of course the people who did watch were pretty fanatical. I thought it was a great show, but I didn't see how they could squeeze out a second season.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I agree that I was waiting for a big payoff - that someone was going to step from the shadows and reveal something about his or her character that would jolt you and have everything, the old guy in the firm, Patty's family, the stalker chick of David's fiancee, make some sense. As it was, it was okay, but I think viewers deserved to find out what it was that truly drove Patty's character to such lengths to get Frobisher. It wasn't about the money.

12. Mira

Mira Member

I couldn't agree more. The finale was unsatisfying. In the flashbacks, Patty had a newborn who died. I'm thinking Frobisher raped Patty and doesn't remember.

Despite the crummy finale, Danson and Close were creepy good. There was one scene where Close/Patty was sitting down, shaking and crying, and she looked like a completely different person ... unattractive ... almost like a monster about ready to heave her guts up and out.

Draft saved Draft deleted