1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Damages ... anyone watch?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mediaguy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Definitely digging the show, though I admit, I hope it's a one-season deal. I just want to find out what happens and I don't really feel like wading through five seasons to get there.

If they wanted to do a second season, I could them going ahead with another case and entirely different set of circumstances, but I really don't want wait a couple seasons to find out what happened with Rose Byrne and the fiancee.

The acting on the show really is outstanding (Glenn Close and Tate Donovan, in particular, with a nod to the guy who plays Ray Fiske as well) and the writing is solid. Not a ton in the way of character development, but for a summer show, that's not really what I'm looking for anyway.

2. Mira

Mira Member

Here is a link to the theme music from Damages by a band called The VLA ...

http://www.myspace.com/thevlaband

I like the show and haven't missed an episode. Tate Donovan is especially good, but Danson and Close are also superb.

Rose Byrne was in a Fox show called Reunion about a group of high school friends and a murder of one of the classmates ... and the investigation of that murder when they were adults. Was an addicting show that was canned, so viewers never found out who done it.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I started out really liking it, and I do like all the main actors/actresses -- Rose Byrne, Close, Danson, Donovan.

But it became a chore to keep up with all the intricacies. It's like you had to be "tuned in" every second, or you wouldn't understand the next thing happening.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm watching it now... It's fantastic...

I think the final three episodes begin next week and they re-run the first five episodes this weekend...

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The guy who plays Danson's attorney, Zeljko Ivanek, is one of the best character actors working... He's always incredibly creepy in kind of a cool way...

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I knew this thread would take off eventually. Mizzou, with you on Zeljko, if only because he's Slovenian and is pulling off a solid Deep South accent without a hitch. Lots of depth to the characters on there.

For you guys who haven't watched from the start -- and I'd think it's a tough show to jump on midseason -- F/X has a five-episode marathon on Monday from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET. ...

I've read a couple of places that the season is 13 episodes, so they'll be able to draw this out for another two months. I dare say I prefer this to "Rescue Me" this summer, just because Leary and Co. have been dragging a bit ...

Draft saved Draft deleted