1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Dallas" starts again tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Jun 13, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh. I don't read his posts. :D :D :D

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Was going to watch but there was a CFL preseason game between my Hamilton Ticats and those gutless pukes from my city, the Toronto Argonauts.

Toronto won, but what the hell, it's pre-season. :)

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Since its on TNT, I'm hoping the drop in some s-bombs. But I'm kind of predisposed to hate this show since they announced it days after canceling Men of a Certain Age.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I was too young to watch most of the orginal series, but I remember the how crazy my parents were about the show. I watched the reruns on TNN too.

The show was okay from what I saw. Dr. J started whining so I had to turn it off, but I have it on DVR for tomorrow.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, busted.

Pretty good tonite. Hagman's still got it. Heck, Linda Gray doesn't look bad for 72.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Original was great until they got away from the family and focused too much on Ewing Oil and brought in all the characters like JR's illegitimate son and Bobby's second wife's sister and George Kennedy's character and his stupid son. LOVED the original until the last couple of years. (And Sue Ellen still looks great at 71.)

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's got promise. I've always liked Jordana Brewster. She pops off the screen.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

"Dallas" was definitely must-see TV on Thursday nights for many years in the late '70s and the 80s -- it and "Dynasty" starting a trend back then of the "night-time soap."

Dallas set the standard back then as far as I was concerned, right down to that catchy theme song, and tonight's show looked good, too.

Yes, it's back in my head...

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Victoria Principal was hotter than any of the new leading ladies in this incarnation.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Anyone who watched "Desperate Housewives" at all feels weird with Brenda Strong as Bobby Ewing's wife.

Draft saved Draft deleted