1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dallas Radio Station Prank in Pats-Pokes Post-Game Pressers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stone Cane, Oct 16, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

and you are way too anal and uptight.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well at least it's a fresh bit and not something they're running into the ground over and over... ::)

3. I seem to remember that station briefly did a live broadcast during the hour that the Cowboys locker room was open. Didn't last too long. The players were very annoyed at having a guy poking a mic in their face, telling them he was broadcasting LIVE! and asking personal, off-the-wall questions, just to see what kind of reaction he'd get. It was amazingly unprofessional.

I'm all for not taking our jobs so seriously, and I know Brady and Belichick are pretty grim, but news conferences and open locker rooms are set up for dozens of people to gather facts in an expeditious fashion, not for one doofus to draw attention to himself and make it more difficult for everybody else. He wasted everyone's time just to see if he could get a cheap laugh. Forget the athletes: it was discourteous to the other media people.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I heard that bit and thought this was an Ali G-type put-on for a TV show.

5. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I watched that through the youtube link posted above. The funny thing is Brown is so programmed into coach-speak that he didn't even hesitate to rattle off the same answer he would have given to a normal question. And Brady's answer was still something that you could use too. His answer would have been the same if the question was "Talk about the TD pass to Stallworth." I don't think it's that big of a deal as a reporter; more surprised that Dallas allows the guy into press conferences, but apparently teams must not be complaining.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I thought it was hilarious. That said, I hope a rash of imitators don't follow.

7. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

who's "boots?"

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Wow, you really are a newbie. It was an inside joke. A little too far inside, apparently.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Brown told reporters later that he feared for his life. Seriously.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i love the note at the end of scott's shots at bostonsportsmedia.com:

>>>. . . With all our new friends in Dallas getting into our commenting section, we've had to shut down the feature for today. Thanks for reading Shots and come back soon.<<<

ticket fans are nothing if not industrious.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You want to be an ass? Fine, do it at a time and place where I'm not working.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

This guy was standing really close to me. After he asked Belichick the question, his hand started shaking like a crackhead.

The one he asked Brady about his receivers doing the charleston while Dallas' secondary was doing the jitterbug was kind of funny, though. Especially, when Brady said he didn't know what the hell that meant. John Clayton didn't laugh, however. And, neither did his comb-over.

Draft saved Draft deleted