1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dallas Radio Station Prank in Pats-Pokes Post-Game Pressers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Stone Cane, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

"Apparently the Dallas Cowboys Media Relations Staff has taken "freedom of the press" to whole new levels by allowing a complete clown access to Sunday's post-game press conferences.

"Using a tone and syntax reminiscent of old Movietone newsreel audio, the quetionable questioner was allowed to act goofy to not only head coach Bill Belichick but also Tom Brady, meaning no one in Big D had the brains to bounce the bozo after his first unprofessional, embarrassing and attention-grabbing line of questioning. True, it's only a post-game press conference, but some level of decorum and professionalism should be expected. A circus atmosphere is not what the NFL is looking for, we are certain.

"At least one member of the Boston media was stunned by the pathetic excuse for a sports journalist and wondered to Shots, "You'd think he'd have his credential revoked, right?"

How the hell does Rich Dalrymple let this happen?

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/shots/20071014_belichick.mp3

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/shots/champ_champ_cowboys_give_media_credentials_to_any_old_bozos.php

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I would hope that radio station has their season credential revoked.

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

True HB, but that audio is high comedy. Especially Brady's reactions - "I don't know what the hell that means, but..."

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not arguing the comedic aspect of the audio clips. But that wasn't the time or venue to try to be funny.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I used to think Stuttering John was funny as hell.

But that was Stuttering John.

I think when some dunce stands up and asks questions like that, the rest of the media should set upon them and throw them from the place of work.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

and it's the cowboys flagship station... wow

7. somewriter

somewriter Member

Hilarious. And it was the only time that Brady broke that monotone crap about not caring about record, blah, blah, blah.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Video link off TV:

9. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

What a douchsnozzle....

I understand wanting to have a schtick.

But not the time or place. You wanna fuck around? Cool. But dont' get in the way of working journalists just for a half-assed soundbite.

10. Most postgame pressers, especially those involving the Patriots, are nothing but half-assed soundbites. At least this was entertaining.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Now the whole nation has been exposed to 1920s Reporter Guy.

Believe it or not, the radio station in question just won the Marconi Award for best sports station in the U.S.

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

lighten up people. it's a freakin football game press conference. and good grief, to take some holier-than-thou stance about "getting in the way of working journalists" is more ridiculous than the stunt you're bitching about. i'd be willing to bet that not one "working journalist" had their job made any more difficult by this so-called travesty.

rock on, 1920s reporter guy, and rock on, ktck the ticket!

Draft saved Draft deleted