1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dallas musician shot, killed by neighbor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Keyboard player for Edie Brickell and member of Sorta. Also played with Paul Simon (Brickell's husband) and Charlie Sexton.

An incredible waste.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/090407glalbrecht.9abfe1fe.html

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Paul Simon is Edie Brickell's husband?... I did not know that

3. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

It was a good "get" by the writer - getting several quotes from the mother.
    Interesting story and good work by the publication, turning out copy on short notice.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

"An incredible waste?"

Perhaps if he didn't get sloshed, gash his hand open, punch his girlfriend repeatedly in the face, hit her in the back, chase her around the house, get locked out, then go beating and banging on a neighbor's door in the middle of the night despite them asking him to stop...he'd still be alive.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

For many, many years

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'd consider it a waste precisely FOR all those reasons. Now want to call it a tragedy? Then it's more appropriate to use your reasons. Talented musician loses everything, including his life, because of a drunken rage. That IS a waste.

And I really feel bad for the homeowner who popped him. This guy's got to live with that for the rest of his life.

Bad news for everyone.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

His death is not a waste. A waste is when someone is someone who shouldn't be dead.

Anyone like that? I shed no tears for.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What a sad story. I feel bad for everyone involved, especially the guy who shot him.

He thought he was just trying to scare a burglar, but he was 6-5.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Shooting blind through a door -- not a good idea.

Getting raving drunk and hitting your girlfriend -- not a good idea, either.

10. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Lucky man - she was extremely pretty, around a quarter century younger than him and about half a foot taller.

11. Ditto

Draft saved Draft deleted