1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dallas-Fort Worth writer/editor looking for freelance work

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by txrangerman, Mar 28, 2012.

1. txrangerman

txrangerman Member

I am willing and able to help out with various freelance assignments around the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including Cowboys, Mavericks, Rangers and Stars, SMU, TCU, North Texas, smaller colleges and high schools. I have 14 years of experience as a full-time sports writer covering high schools, colleges and pros for newspapers, magazines and Web sites. (I can provide a resume if you need to verify). In addition, I can take on freelance editing and page design. I have six years of copy editing experience (concurrent with the writing) along with 14 years of layout experience in broadsheet and other formats. I also have access to InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator and produce two home-grown publications each year. I can also update Web site content in a template format. I am available most nights and weekends. I have enough connections in the area to procure credentials, though I may occasionally need help. PM me here or e-mail me at txrangerman@hotmail.com if you’re interested.

(Updated Nov. 28, 2014). I am now fully credentialed to cover the Dallas Mavericks for the 2014-15 season.

Draft saved Draft deleted