1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dale Sveum shot by Robin Yount

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Dec 5, 2012.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Rob Deer tried hitting them both and missed.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Robin Yount played in Wisconsin, so we can only assume he was gunning for dead Deer, not vice versa.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I finally accept that the Brewers belong in the NL.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Did Sveum apologize?

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Getting peppered with shotgun pellets (not "shrapnel") falling from the sky isn't the same as "getting shot."

If that's true, I've been "shot" at least 2-3 times a year for a couple of decades.

Much ado about nothing.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Dick Cheney, redux.

Actually, Cheney inflicted far more wounds on that lawyer friend of his, not that there is anything wrong with that. There is only one thing better than a wounded lawyer.

Sveum mainly got a flesh wound on his ear, so it was not that big of a deal based on what the wound turned out to be, but it could have been a lot worse. I am surprised Sveum and Cheney's victim didn't have an eye injury. It's funny until someone gets hurt or loses an eye.

I was a bit bothered by the parts of the article that made it sound like they routinely have shot falling on them. SixToe is right, that isn't that bad at all, and does happen when you are squirrel or pheasant hunting. But still, they should have a lot better situational awareness as to where each other is.

The comments in the article seemed a bit too carefree about it, but gun safety is a big deal to me. Mainly because my dad beat the hell out of me if I ever swung a barrel around, loaded or unloaded, in the direction of anyone.

Now, can anyone arrange a hunting trip for Cheney, Yount and Costas?

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

This, yes.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's a metaphor here but I'm not going to take the time to find it.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is my rifle, this is my gun.
    This is for fighting.
    This is for fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted