1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dale Jr. leaving DEI?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

It's a pretty large select group of people, though.

2. boots

boots New Member

Look I like watching the guys make left turns but reality is that it still has a LONG way to go before people as a whole give a damn about the sport.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's more popular than soccer and, OK I'll admit it, the NHL right now, so I think Jr., the most popular driver, choosing to leave DEI is a damned big deal.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Do people as a whole NEED to give a damn about it? NASCAR's already got a license to print money as it is. You sure don't hear too many stories that involve NASCAR and money problems.

5. boots

boots New Member

It's a big deal to you. Not to the masses. You know it. I know it. Just admit it. There's nothing wrong with saying that many people could give a rat's ass about NASCAR. And I like the sport.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Define "the masses"

Do "the masses" care about baseball? The NBA?

NASCAR can sit there as the fourth or fifth or sixth or seventh (if you include college sports) most popular sport and still make a killing. Frankly, though, I'm not sure what this discussion is even about.

Story's about to be on my front, and fronts all across the South, I'm guessing.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've got a better idea, why don't you go crawl back into whatever hole you came out of. In the grand scheme of things most people don't give a rat's ass about any sport, but a lot of people who are sports fans do care about NASCAR. It's not fucking Champ Car, so stop acting like 50 people in the whole country care.

If A-Rod decides to leave the Yankees, people'll care. If Sidney Crosby leaves the Pens, people'll care. If Tony Romo leaves the Cowboys, people'll care. If Junior leaves DEI, people'll care.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, the masses don't care. That's why the sport is expanding nationally, growing its fanbase. That's why ESPN and Fox signed lucrative longterm deals to be the sport's broadcast parter.

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but to say that the public at large doesn't care is absurd.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

NASCAR is something I care very little about ... but are you really saying that the masses don't care? Really?

You're a comic book character drawn by a comic book character. Do you really believe the things you write, or are you just having fun with people?

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Absurd is boots' middle name.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Stay on topic, you meandering piece of bovine droppings. You dont like it, take it to a PM...
    Now, Happy Mothers Day

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are as stupid as boots and don't even know it. All he's doing is throwing some flaming shit out there to see if it sticks.

And you guys are biting like a catfish on a hot Mississippi night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.