1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dakota Fanning to be raped on film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Zeek, Jul 21, 2006.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

She may not be in the longer full body shots but it's going to be her in the close ups.  She's going to have to live the experience emotionally and interact with the other actors as if she had gone through the experience. It's wrenching and extremely difficult for an adult.  Can't imagine what it's like for a 12 year old.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You have no way of knowing this with any certainty.

And since I'm not interested in debating hypotheticals or even the topic any further since I think it's been blown entirely out of proportion:

Buh-bye.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Actually, I do have some certainty.  I'm an actor. Have done film and stage.  I think I have some idea of what I'm talking about.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The hilarity of that last comment pulled me back in.

I guess I should tout my tear-jerking performances on the stage in elementary and junior high at this point. Unfortunately, budget cuts kept me from my eighth-grade starring role.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Psssssst. Hey dye, HC currently does stage work. She's not talking junior high shit. ::)

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I am a professional actor, doing both stage and screen work.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, I think I can say with absolute certainty Dakota Fanning won't be raped while filming this performance. It's acting.

With your myriad acting experience that we're somehow supposed to know about, I'm sure you already grasp this concept, though.

BTW, "The Shield" has covered this area somewhat. I don't recall a great outcry about that.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_movies_blog/2006/07/how_badly_does_.html

The comments here seem to be a little more tempered with reality.

I guess the general public is just dumb, though. [/newsroomelitists]

9. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

What's Roger Moore doing writing a blog for the Orlando Sentinel?!

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Roger Moore's blog is entitled... Frankly, My Dear....?

Bizarre.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm exceedingly creeped out by this. I've always been disturbed by children being in movies that I wouldn't let my children see, much less work in. I guess I'm kind of a prude that way. But this seems to take it to another level. My older daughter is the same age as Dakota Fanning. To think this is something that people would want to see is exceedingly disturbing.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

While we're (kind of) on the topic, check out this section to an AP story about a film being shot for Lifetime. It's about Fantasia Barrino, the winner of American Idol. They're making a biopic about her and she's playing herself:

A rape scene was particularly unnerving for Barrino, who initially told director Debbie Allen she wouldn't do it.

"She talked to me, and she helped me out a lot," Barrino said. "The good part about it is her son played the part.

"He was so warm and funny. I said, 'If you touch me, I'm going to punch you.' He goes, 'I'm going to punch you back.' So it made it a whole lot easier for me."

Irony?

Draft saved Draft deleted