1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dakota Fanning to be raped on film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Zeek, Jul 21, 2006.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Absofrigginlutley.  Stephen King has said that the monster is scariest before you see it and I agree. 

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That was pretty funny.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The movie that gave me the worst nightmares in recent memory was Monster, and almost all of the violence in that one was offscreen.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The Theron movie?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yep. It didn't scare me in the theater, but I had nightmares for two weeks about it.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The fundies are going to have a blast with this, and for once they'd be right. They now have the batting average of Ray Oyler.

I feel dirty even commenting on this.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

As opposed to being hunted by killer aliens, thinking her brother had been blown to smithereens and being ingested by an alien?

Wait, that was a movie, too. My bad.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Not defending anything. Just trying to inject some perspective.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you can't see the difference between pretending things are happening that you don't actually see (ie. blue screen) and having to film a simulated rape at the age of 12, we have nothing to discuss.[/size]

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Wait. There weren't really aliens floating above the Earth?

Damn, HC! You ruined that for me! Damn you!

Note your use of the word "simulated," BTW.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I do note my use of the word 'simulated'.  It is not the same as imagining things are happening that you can't see.  It means someone 'pretending' to rape her and she knowing what's going on.  They are not comparable.  And I say this from experience.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I hate to even make the next comment, because it involves some gray area, and the one-dimensional fucktards who seem to be at their all-time mental low this week will come in spouting their absolute truth logic, but here goes anyway:

Think maybe it might not be her filming the scene? Hate to break this, but Hollywood tends to do that. The name actors usually don't have to appear in every traumatic scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted