1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dakota Fanning to be raped on film

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Zeek, Jul 21, 2006.

1. As opposed to the independent minded thinkers who watch the FNC?
    My favorites?

A year-long study by the University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA)[8] (http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Iraq/Media_10_02_03_Report.pdf) reported that Americans who relied on the Fox News Channel for their coverage of the Iraq war were the most likely to believe misinformation about the war, whatever their political affiliation may be. Those mistaken facts, the study found, increased viewers' support for the war.

The study found that, in general, people who watched Fox News were, more than for other sources, convinced of several untrue propositions which were actively promoted by the Bush administration and the cheerleading media led by Fox, in rallying support for the invasion of Iraq:

(percentages are of all poll respondents, not just Fox watchers)

Rupert, on the other hand, did give us The Simpsons.

* 57% believed the falsity that Iraq gave substantial support to Al-Qaida, or was directly involved in the September 11 attacks. (48% after invasion)
    * 69% believed the falsity that Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11 attacks.
    * 22% believed the falsity that weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq. (21% believed that chem/bio weapons had actually been used against U.S. soldiers in Iraq during 2003)

2. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Hack?

Oh my God!

Using your logic, I wouldn't listen to CNN, NBC or CBS either.  Like they aren't connected to people who air that crap too?

Now you're just getting tying yourself up with  politically correct rope to the point that you can't act or speak against anything.

3. Doom and gloom

Of course, if they had one report degrading Bush, you'd be throwing half your 401K behind the channel. Which you probably are anyway, considering their ratings growth over the years.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

No but you're the one who referenced Fox News Network and its fine journalistic content, not me. try again.

5. Doom and gloom

The core of the deal is this: You guys politically-correct yourself into inaction. Just like, in a more pronounced way, your elected heroes and the lobbyists who own them.

6. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1158908,00.html

Too easy.
    Just tooo damn easy.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Factlessness: 2. Not really based on the issue at hand.
    Hyperbole: 9.
    Liberal Bias: 7.

Up to 18 this time.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

That's one of the things I love about this place: We went from Dakota Fanning to Jack Abramoff justlikethat. You'll never see that happen on one of those dull-ass Sunday morning talk shows.

:-\

9. Had to take off BOTH shoes this time.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Factlessness: 10
    Hyperbole: 10
    Liberal Bias: 0

Very two-dimensional.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Star --
    Looks like the Hamm's bear to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted