1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daisy Ridley is not a real woman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 10, 2016.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Social-media meme "wars" have quickly become as annoying and pointless as those "reality" shows my wife watches on Bravo, which consist of nothing but women screeching at each other for 60 straight minutes.

fossywriter8 likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The best is, "Watch What Happens Live," where they breakdown what just happened on the screechfest.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I almost want to kill myself for even clicking on that Buzzfeed article and giving them a page view. Jesus Christ, what a load of horseshit. This is popular journalism today? She proved herself for being a badass? How exactly can you confirm that statement?

I love her line about people relating Rey in something they haven't found in a character before. She's right of course, because people are idiots. They don't like female heroes like Joan of Arc or Zenobia or even other mythological warriors like the Amazon. No, they like seeing Luke Skywalker with tits because they have the philosophical depth of a puddle and consume the same shit over and over and over.

Lugnuts and HanSenSE like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Buzzfeed is garbage and just emblematic of publications sinking to the lowest common denominator to give repeat viewers what they want instead of raising the discourse about actual issues of import. I hope they publish the next stolen Hulk Hogan sex tape.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

At least she didn't "SKEWER!" or "ANNIHILATE!" anyone. But her response was "JUST PERFECT!"

#thenewheadlinewriting

Lugnuts and old_tony like this.
  6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I prefer "throwing shade" and "slay" myself.

7. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

Please, explain in detail how that is shaming women that don't work out.

8. YankeeFan

Isn't it obvious?

9. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

If it is obvious, you can specifically state why you believe it is shaming women that don't work out.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're more savvy than this.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

If you know the answer, why are you stating it?

12. YankeeFan

Next, she'll post a picture of herself in a crop top.

Why can't she leave curvy women alone?

Draft saved Draft deleted