1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily News Yankees beat

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigapplewriter, Nov 3, 2006.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I could definitely see it going to George King. Nobody on that beat has as many sources.

2. Hey Shockey: It is unbelievable that you of all people are saying that crap about Borden. At least Borden's editor wasn't always threatening to yank him from the beat.

3. The Basement

The Basement Member

ZING!

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

this is unreal. like i've said, you have me confused with someone else. if you'd like to guess my i.d. in a personal message, i'd be glad to tell you if you've got me nailed. but based on your accusations here, i doubt it.

the person you describe has NEVER been me. so sorry to disappoint.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Keep saying shit like that and you're going to out yourself as being older than spnited

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Moddy is close, but not quite up there with me and Casty and JR,

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's still intense, but it's nowhere near as insane as it was in the mid to late '70s. George was at his craziest, and Billy was around to make things worse. The beat guys couldn't afford NOT to stay at the team hotel. You had to be around in case Billy got into a fight. Some of the best stuff -- "One's a born liar, the other's convicted" -- happened away from the ballpark in what should have been free time.

At least now you know there's very little chance Torre and one of his starters will be trying to kill each other, a la Martin and Whitson.

Draft saved Draft deleted