1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily News: KSM Trial to be Moved out of NYC

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Didn't here anything about this in the SoTU:

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As long as it happens, I'm OK with it.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Let's see. The article didn't say that the trial was going to be moved out of NYC. And the first line of the article also says that the call from the White House to the Justice Department occurred on Thursday night, you know, one day after the State of the Union address.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nice of Schumer to ring in. When the decision was first announced there was no comment from the senior Senator.

Now he is trying to take credit for the possible move

What a fraud.

This trial is going to be a mess. I think there is a strong chance that he will go free because he was not read his Miranda rights.

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Uhh.... actually, Schumer did comment. In the hearings back in November.

Try again.

http://wcbstv.com/911/eric.holder.911.2.1320955.html

6. Boom_70

Find me a quote where Schumer denounces the decision.
    Go back and do a search of nov 13 - the day it was announced. You will not find one quote from Schumer . Check his web site press releases - nothing.

Your story comes a week later. Schumer was not against. He was just trying to get the money for NY trial.

Clearly Schumer did not want to go against the President so he said nothing.

The New York Post agrees in lead editorial today:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editorials/how_real_senator_sounds_59FfgDVvQ7WBVRK1TJrwwJ

How a real senator sounds

Sen. Dianne Feinstein came out yesterday against President Obama's decision to try 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mo hammed & Co. in lower Manhattan -- and guess what: The White House apparently was listening.

"I think the situation has changed with the Christmas attack," said the California Democrat, citing briefings she'd received as chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee. "I think [Obama] should listen to [Mayor Bloomberg] . . . and, candidly, make a change."

And late last evening, changes reportedly were under way. The US Justice Department seemed to be scouting out alternative locations.

Memo to Chuck Schumer and Kirsten "Tweety Bird" Gillibrand: This is what can happened when truth is spoken authoritatively to power. Neither of them could summon the guts to do so, even after Bloomberg warned this week that the terror trials could cost the city $1 billion for security and choke downtown

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, if the Bush Administration was even remotely in the same universe of being half-competent, Khalid Sheikh Muhammad would be long since dead.

8. Boom_70

Well documented that Clinton has the first shot and chose not to press button.

9. YankeeFan

How so?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. Capture him

2. Torture the living sweet bejeezus out of him to wring every last molecule of information possible out of him

3. Mysterious "accident"

end of story.

11. YankeeFan

Oh, ok. I'm down for that.

I think they would have been in for some criticism though.

12. Boom_70

Starman justice in it's purest form

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.