1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DadLife, the Holy - or not so holy - Crap edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 25, 2015.

1. sostartled

sostartled Member

Our two year old had serious poop issues until she was about 15 months. That's when we started giving her Miralax in her morning water/juice (after getting very little help from the pediatrician). No more screaming and bicycle kicking, but a lot more covert blow-outs. We're working on the right formula, while throwing in some potty-training stuff.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Between my dogs and 2-year-0ld, poop takes up a larger portion of my day and larger portion of my conversations than I ever thought possible.

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Formula roulette is the worst.
    With the first, we went through six or seven different kinds before we found one that she didn't completely spit up. It was a horrible process because it was so god damn expensive. Second kid, we went with what we used for the first - GentleEase - and it's been fine. We just switched to milk so between that and the food, Baby No. 2 is booby up some fierce nastiness.
    The teething is just as bad.
    I'd like to keep this thread running for funny parent stories. We all have them and they're happening constantly because little kids are fucking hilarious sometimes.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Children teach you how to take care of them.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know last year I went through some prep for a procedure (old guy) where you never have to worry about getting backed up. In fact, afterwards I felt so cleansed out it was like new copper piping. Of course, drinking gallons of fluid in an hour left my body exhausted as that fluid had to...um come out. Sorry, this post reminded me of the opposite feeling experience I had.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

To answer the actual post, with my boys now 13 and 15, I cannot remember a time when they had any constipation problem. As for the parenting guidebook, child-rearing did make wifey and I hone our communication and marriage skills very quickly; which last to this day. The most amazing fact is, kids are pretty damn resilient and they recover from anything pretty damn fast.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Both my kids had constipation problems. We ended up having to use a thermometer with vaseline to help them out. No fun.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

What was the temperature?

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I just puked all over my keyboard!

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That reminds me of an old corny joke.
    Did you hear about the constipated mathematician?
    He worked it out with a pencil.

spikechiquet likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is a line from the Springsteen song "Straight Time" which I have always used to explain the parenting of an infant and all of the yicky stuff which can be involved:

Eight years in, it feels like you're gonna die, but you get used to anything and sooner or later it becomes your life.

Of course, he was talking about life in prison and not changing a dirty diaper, but the analogy holds.

Draft saved Draft deleted