1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DadLife Question - My kid colored on the walls. HELP.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My 4-year old had an emotional breakdown and while I was calming her down and putting her down for a nap, I heard a weird scratching in the halls.
    Turned out it was my 18-month old going to fucking town on the walls with a red and black crayon.
    I did a quick google search and found some remedies, didn't know if there was out SJ.com dad/moms have tried that works.
    I'm terrified of using a Magic Eraser because if I fuck up the paint, my wife will murder me dead. Is the baking soda thing legit? HELP ME.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think a lot depends what kind of paint is on the walls. I have found that hanging a nice photo or poster works well to hide crayon marks. If your 18-month-old is short, maybe a potted plant.

Blackburnr likes this.
  3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

You can test the magic eraser somewhere that's really out of the way (inside of a closet) to make sure that it treats the paint OK.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Baby wipes don't work?

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Put a frame around it and celebrate your child's artistic flair.

expendable and JackReacher like this.
  6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Buying a bookshelf could buy you some time.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's paint.

If this is the only thing your kids destroys, you finish the game at a +3.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Maybe I just don't clean it and congratulate her on being able to express herself at such an early age?
    amraeder, that's a great suggestion. My other plan was let my wife deal with it so if she fucks up the paint that's on her.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

See? That wasn't hard at all.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Jesus, Rhody. Do you think Tom Brady goes around being this scared of Gisele?

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes he does.

Draft saved Draft deleted