1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Daddy, I'm pregnant." Rinse, repeat.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Sep 27, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It is if they date stoob...

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'm irrational about it. My wife gives me a hard time when I make my 13-year-old change her shirt for a higher neckline. Sorry, but I was a teenage boy. I know what those little shits are looking at. And it's not her beautiful eyes or strawberry blonde hair.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'll probably be the same way when I have a daughter that age.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I don't understand how teenagers (boys and girls) don't realize that they have to use a condom.

All of these kids should have to do that drill in high school with the baby that's programmed to cry and shit all the time.

I'm all for putting my kid on birth control too. Honestly, I'd rather have my daughter lose her virginity a year or two earlier if as long as she doesn't bring home another mouth for me to feed.

5. Not to make this a contest, because it's a god-awful subject to talk about kids having kids. But there was a girl in my class that had her first kid ... gulp ... in sixth grade. Now, she was held back a year, so she was 13 when she had it.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Welcome to abstinence-only sex ed.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yeah, that bites. When are schools just going to accept the fact that kids have sex and no one is going to stop them?

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hell, my 16-year-old cousin has done it 3 times. Blew me away when she told me, but at least she's on birth control.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

At that age, I'd done it way more than just three times.

My class got real sex ed, like the kind where they bring in the dildos and make you put condoms on them (we were separated by sex, BTW).

The class after us got the abstinence-only dreck.

We had one girl get pregnant. Class after us had nine.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did you use your fingers to put them on? :D

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:p

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Geez, you'd been on birth control since you were 12, I guess you did.
    Which do you think came first, though, the chicken or the egg (so to speak)?
    Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Scares me.

I wasn't anywhere close to that at 16. Had so many better things to do.
    Glad I waited, and I made up for it later, when I actually knew what I was doing, as did those doing the doing. ;-)

Draft saved Draft deleted